Huntington Safe Boating Week is celebrating its sixth year! Plans are underway for an incredible week.
Here are some of the things to look forward to:
• Free NY State 8 hr Safe Boating Class - a requirement for all boaters born after 1996.
• Courtesy Vessel Safety Inspections.
• Waterfront Festival on Sunday, May 20th at Mill Dam Park in Halesite, showcasing boat dealers, pre-owned boats and nautical equipment, vendors selling boat supplies, nautical décor and crafts. Live music, wine, beer, and food will round out a fantastic day overlooking beautiful Huntington Harbor! This event has enjoyed a steady gain in attendance and vendor participation and is returning by popular demand!
• Complimentary classes and seminars covering kayaking and paddleboard safety, CPR and “Suddenly in Command” to educate and prepare boaters and their families for the best experience on the water.
• “Meet the Commodores Event” held at one of local yacht clubs, attracting the flag officers from our twenty-one member clubs, their fellow members and our elected officials. Installation of the Boating Council officers for 2018.